Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences. A failure to properly remove such substances can contribute to unhealthy and dangerous environments. SERVPRO of North Tampa / Magdalene is trained to safely remove biohazards and dispose of them properly in accordance with OSHA and health regulations.
Equipped with the necessary safety apparatus and cleaning products, we can help transform these unhealthy environments back into clean, safe Florida homes and offices.
Didn't know SERVPRO of North Tampa / Magdalene does roof tarpings, board-ups, temporary fencing, and more? We can do it all! View all of our additional services available.
Please refer to our Biohazard Emergency Tips - Until Help Arrives Guide and follow these tips to protect yourself and your property.
Need Biohazard Cleanup Services?
Call SERVPRO of North Tampa / Magdalene at (813) 694-9082
Find us on Facebook to stay connected.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (813) 694-9082
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of North Tampa / Magdalene has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
SERVPRO of North Tampa / Magdalene proudly serves Tampa, Greater Northdale, Lake Magdalene, and surrounding areas.