Fire Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Unwanted fires can be difficult and make you feel overwhelmed. Our advancements allow SERVPRO of North Tampa / Magdalene professionals to restore a property back to preloss condition quickly, reliably, and more effectively. While you wait on our team, we have some tips to view.
After any fire damage situation, your primary focus should be safety first. Is it safe to stay in the house? Be aware of electrical and "slip and fall" hazards. Only perform activities that are safe for you. Lastly, if you are lifting wet materials, be careful, it can be heavy.
SERVPRO of North Tampa / Magdalene works around the clock to undo flood water, vandalism, and natural disasters. No matter the time or season, give us a call for all your building services needs.
Have Smoke or Fire Damage?
Call SERVPRO of North Tampa / Magdalene Today at (813) 694-9082
Find us on Facebook to stay connected.
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call (813) 694-9082
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.