Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
It’s Not Dangerous Mold if it isn’t Black
While black mold does have a dark appearance, it’s not the only type of mold that can cause issues for people. You can’t rely on the color of mold to determine its level of toxicity, and some hazardous molds come in colors such as brown, green, yellow, or white. When it comes down to it, a significant colony of any mold type can release spores into the air, so it’s important to address any type of mold growth in a timely manner.
Following mold damage can be due to water damage. For more information and tips you can click HERE.
Our advancements allow SERVPRO of North Tampa / Magdalene Professionals to restore a property back to preloss condition quickly, reliably, and more effectively.
Have A Water Damage Emergency?
Call SERVPRO of North Tampa/ Magdalene Today - (813) 694-9082
Find us on Facebook to stay connected.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (813) 694-9082
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.